Making safety our first priority
Production makes money BUT safe production makes more money. Safety must always be your First priority as it is ours.
Safety has been a focus for Tunnelling which has gained momentum over the years with improvement in many areas. Tunnelcraft Ltd have been involved in many of these improvements and safety will always be the main factor we take into account on each and every project.
Some of the areas in which Tunnelcraft have been involved include:
- Workplace: Developing a training programme to train and up skill people to gain employment in the London Borough of Newham
- Tunnelskills: A forum set up to look at training standards within the industry, identify its needs and develop programmes to meet the same. The Forum includes all the UK major Tunnelling contractors and other specialists in the industry. Visit the Tunnelskills website
- NVQs in Tunnelling: Through Tunnelskills, Tunnelcraft Ltd has been involved in helping to develop Specific NVQ’s for the various operations carried out underground.
- Locomotives: Another collaboration with Tunnelskills and the Construction Plant Certification Scheme in developing a recognised training programme and competency for the Industry.
- Tunnels Safety Passport: The first recognised Passport for Tunnelling operatives and resulted in Tunnelskills being named as the Winner of the International Safety Awards in Tunnelling 2010.
- Tunnel Safety Card: Developed on behalf of Crossrail and the Construction Skills Certification Scheme as the Minimum requirement for those going underground with successful candidates obtaining a CSCS card for Tunnelling.
- Tunnel Entry: A nationally recognised qualification developed by Tunnelskills and City & Guilds for tunnel entries and associated emergencies underground and in other tunnel related confined spaces.